Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Linguine with asparagus and pine nuts.

This was outstanding! I love pasta, and sometimes I just want something light... can you have light when eating pasta? haha.

Here is a recipe from Real Simple. I made it this week for my husband and best friend... They both loved it.

Linguine with asparagus and pine nuts:
Serves 4Hands-On Time: 25mTotal Time: 25m
12 oz linguine (3/4 box)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
Kosher salt and black pepper
1 cup shaved parmesan (about 3 oz)

Directions:
-Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.

-Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. add the asparagus and cook, tossing occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.

- Add the asparagus mixture to the pasta along with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the parmesan before serving.

Winegirl15: I added the pasta a little at a time to see how it would absorb and also to see how many veggies were in the pot. Then I added just a tad more olive oil (hello... I'm Greek!). If you want more in the pasta you can add any veggie with this... or even add cut pieces of chicken for more protein. And if your looking for something even lighter... use whole wheat linguine pasta! ;)

I am making this dish again this weekend. I picked up fresh asparagus/zucchini from the farmers market today! Yippee!

Enjoy,
Winegirl15

1 comment: