Friday, June 10, 2011

Wine night - Napa Cabs.

I'm having a hard to posting after I drink wine. Not sure if it's because I'm writing too much on my other blog Stone Chic or if I drink too much good wine to blog about? I have told myself that I want to blog more about the wine I drink, so I can reference back. So, I will make an effort to do a better job with that.

My husband and I recently went to a fundraiser for children's scholarship and sports. It was  a wine tasting event with an silent auction and a live auction. It's one of my favorite wine events. The doctor that hosts the event really loves his wine. He drinks only the best. So, I look forward to the tasting.... and the spending! :)

One of my favorite Napa wineries is Beaulieu Vineyards. Not your typical BV you can pick up at the grocery store... But, there speciality wines. The hirer priced varietals. I had to take a picture of one of my favorites from the event. I actually talked the doctor into letting me buy one (the money would go to charity... blame me? Great cause!) and he did! I bought it for $100. I think it actually retails for $175.00.

We also had Stag's Leap Wine Cellars. This wine retails for $95.00. It was also very tasty.... So, I also bought this one.


This doctor is big into Silver Oak... so we tasted a 1992 and a 1995 Cabernet as well. Silver Oak is another favorite of my husbands and mine. I wish I would have spent some time a month ago talking about the 1992 cab we opened and drank! ha! Well, going forward I will be blogging more about wine.

We drank many other wines and champagne (Dom and Cristal), but, I didn't buy those bottles... and they are quite common. Figured I'd blog about the good ol red wine!

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by and reading! Check back soon... I have lots of wine to drink! ;)

Cheers,
Winegirl15

"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world."
-Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment