Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wine down Wednesday...

What is Wine Down Wednesday (WDW)? WDW will be a blog that I talk about wines I had over the week. From Wednesday to Wednesday. I will list them out, talk about them, and give pricing. Hopefully if your looking for something in that price range or varietal it will help!

I don't always drink a $100 or more bottle. But, I do enjoy good wine. Life truly is too short for cheap wine. It doesn't mean that you can't enjoy a good priced bottle though. :) That is why I'm blogging. I try to write things down, journal, etc. But, I find that I don't keep that up or I miss place the papers I have written on. So, hence this fabulous blog. :)

Anyhow, let's continue with Winegirl15's week of wine.

Recommendations:

1. Tangles Cabernet $49.00
Tangles Homepage
At first I wasn't sure what to think about this wine. My husband and I were in Lodi a few months ago and came across this bottle. We bought 2 of them. I thought this was the best bottle of wine I got during this trip. I would recommend this bottle.

2. Kenneth Volk Mourvedre $48.00
Kenneth Volk Homepage
My husband and I belong to Kenneth Volk Winery so I'm sure you'll see quite a few bottles of this on my blog. This winery is very dear to me. The wine maker used to be at Wild Horse Winery in Paso. Santa Maria (Santa Barbara County) is known for Pinot's and Chard's. Keep that in mind if your looking for those varietals. The Mourvedre was tasty.

3. Kenneth Volk Syrah $48.00
Kenneth Volk Homepage
I'm also not the biggest fan of Syrah's. I like them, but I generally don't go out looking for them. This bottle was good. I would definitely drink it again... but, I would prefer there pinot's of this particular bottle. They have terrific pinots!


4. La Crema Chardonnay $20.00 
This is always my go to Chardonnay for a day time glass or a party wine. It's not expensive but it's very tasty. I suggest this for a mid priced wine. 


5. Simi Chardonnay $28.00
Simi Winery
I had a glass of this wine during a sushi dinner. This is very similar to the La Crema as far as quality and taste. I would also suggest a bottle of Simi.

Until next week!

Cheers,
Winegirl15

Sneak Peak for next Wednesday: Pinot, from Santa Maria (Cambria shipment arrived yesterday)...

No comments:

Post a Comment