Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wine Down Wednesday

Umm... It's Thursday... Better a day late than never!

This weeks wine selections are some from my wine shipment from Santa Maria region (Santa Barbara county). I had 3 Cambria wines.

1. Cambria - 2008 Tepusquet Syrah - $19.00
Notes: Ripe blackberries, blueberries, pomegranates, and subtle earthly aromas are in the nose. Integrated oak flavors and firm, yet balanced tannins enhance cherry cola, dark fruit, cedar, and mocha flavors. A rich, silky mid-palate carries through into the long finish.
2. Cambria - 2008 Clone 23 Pinot Noir - $48.00
Notes: The color of this 2007 is deep, dark and purple. The nose unites ripe blueberry fruit, subtle earth and rich oak aromas. The mouth feel is silky and smooth with firm underlying tannins. The finish lingers with oak speck, earth, and dark fruit.
3. 2008 Clone 115 Pinot Noir - $48.00
Notes: Deep garnet color. The aromas are packed with dark, ripe cherries and blueberries, vanilla and oak. In the mouth, there are ripe cherries, blueberries and sweet vanilla flavors. Firm tannins provide structure and the finish lingers with cinnamon spice and dark fruit flavors.

Winegirl15 Notes: This is my favorite of the shipment. I totally suggest this bottle of wine for purchase. I wasn't the biggest fan of Cambria my first visit there... but, after I visited again I was able to taste their big reds and was VERY impressed. 

4. St. Supery Sauvignon Blanc - $20.00
Notes: This wine exhibits brilliant hues of light yellow speared by vibrant streak of green. Aromas of exotic grapefruit and green lime dominate with hints of caper, fennel and lemon zest. Flavors follow with tremendous ruby grapefruit, citrus, kiwi and guava through a crisp finish. This Sauvignon Blanc complements a wide variety of foods from mild cheeses and fish to boldly flavored Asian dishes. 

Winegirl15: I'm not the biggest white wine drinker, however there are certain whites that I prefer. Sav Blanc is one. This is a good "day time" drink. Or a summer white. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! This weekend I'm going wine tasting... so, check back for where I went and what I drank! 

Cheers,
Winegirl15

No comments:

Post a Comment